April 13th, 2007 by susan
Contribute to the Disgruntled Writers Site
You, too, can contribute to this community by writing posts that will appear on the home page! Whether you’d like to share your favorite resources for writers, review a book, or post your own essay, we welcome your submissions. Register now.
How It Works:
- Register to become a contributing member of the site. You’ll receive an email with a temporary password.
- Log in to the site using the information emailed to you. You can then reset your password by editing your Profile.
- Click “Write” or “Write a New Post” to begin your contribution.
- Enter a title.
- Write or paste the content of your post in the Post edit window.
- OPTIONAL: Tag your post with keywords. Expand the “Tags” box beneath the edit window, if it is not already expanded. In the Tags field, enter keywords or phrases that describe the post, such as “politics” or “biographies,” separated by commas.
- Expand the “Categories” box beneath the Tags box, if it is not already expanded. Assign your post to a category, such as “Essays,” “Resources,” or a Reviews genre such as “Humor.” A post categorized as “Humor” will appear in the Reviews section under “Humor.”
- Click “Save” to save your draft, or “Submit for Review” to send it to the moderator.
- You’re done!
Write a Quotation for the Sidebar
- Click on the “Write” tab. It will default to writing a post, but if it does not, click on “Post”.
- Write a helpful title. It won’t be displayed to visitors.
- Write the quotation into the text area. Don’t italicize it or surround it in quotation marks.
- Expand the “Tags” box beneath the edit window, if it is not already expanded.
- Enter tags into the Tags field. If you want your quote to be displayed on category-specific pages, enter one of the following tags: quote-humor; quote-romance; quote-everything-else; quote-non-fiction; quote-mystery; quote-resources; quote-essays. You can specify as many tags as you like, separated by commas. You can add other tags (such as “politics” or “biographies”, to have those quotations show up next to like-tagged posts. If you don’t add any tags, the quotation will be displayed randomly on the home page. Click “Add”.
- Expand the “Categories” box beneath the Tags box, if it is not already expanded. From the list of categories, check only the Quotations check box.
- Expand the “Custom Fields” lower down on the page, if it is not already expanded. Select “author” from the drop down, then type the author’s name into the “Value” field. Click “Add Custom Field”.
- Click “Submit for Review.”
- You’re done!